A silver-lead mining canyon so narrow the railroad once ran through the Tiger Hotel's lobby; mines like the Hecla and Star worked here from 1884 until the last closure in 1991. The county road up Burke Canyon from Wallace passes right through the ruins, so seeing it is trivial — but the surviving mill and headframe structures are actively collapsing, laced with hazardous materials, and stand on posted private mining property. Photograph from the road; entering the buildings risks structural failure and trespass in an area that also carries Superfund-era heavy-metal contamination.
Vestige documents abandoned & historic places for education and preservation. Always obtain permission before visiting and follow local law.