One of Arizona's best-preserved mining ghost towns, with roughly 25 standing buildings from the Eagle-Picher lead-zinc operation that folded in 1940 — plus a grim 1920s double-homicide history. Important update: after 30 years of paid public tours, the private owners closed Ruby to the public effective June 2024, and as of 2025 there is no legal access beyond the graded but remote dirt Ruby Road that passes the locked gate. Border-country remoteness and no services are the main practical hazards; do not enter without owner permission.
Vestige documents abandoned & historic places for education and preservation. Always obtain permission before visiting and follow local law.