Stone shell of a 1913 health resort built by Dr. C.H. Diehl over Welch Spring, whose cool cave air he marketed as a cure for asthma and tuberculosis; the venture died with him in the 1940s. The ruin now sits within the NPS-managed Ozark National Scenic Riverways beside the turquoise spring branch of the Current River. Access is legal via a short trail from the Welch Landing parking area or by canoe; the cave itself is gated to protect bats. Slippery rock, swift spring water, and remoteness are the modest hazards at this otherwise managed site.
Vestige documents abandoned & historic places for education and preservation. Always obtain permission before visiting and follow local law.