The Triphammer Building burned in 1977. As the rubble was being cleared, a long-forgotten basement room was uncovered that housed the buildings massive (25-foot) water wheel, constructed of wood and iron. Built: 1816 - William Cobb Scythe and Tool Factory
Site typeAbandoned Factory
Coordinates43.1610, -77.6158
Difficulty · ModerateSome effort — hiking, navigating fences or rough terrain.
Hazard · YellowStandard caution — typical abandoned-structure risks: weak floors, debris, broken glass.
Light todaySunrise 06:21 · sunset 20:05 (local) — golden hour is the first and last hour of that window
Conditions today58–71°F · 2% precip chance · wind to 5 mph
Vestige documents abandoned & historic places for education and preservation. Always obtain permission before visiting and follow local law.