Livermore was a company logging town of the Saunders family's Sawyer River Railroad, incorporated in 1876 and dissolved in 1951 after the mills fell silent. Stone foundations, the powerhouse walls and cellar holes lie scattered along Sawyer River Road in the White Mountain National Forest west of Crawford Notch — a legal walk through a genuine New England ghost town.
Vestige documents abandoned & historic places for education and preservation. Always obtain permission before visiting and follow local law.